|Resume for Course:
The course is a comprehensive program for all first line supervisors, team leaders, direct line managers and safety practitioners (officers or coordinators) who need first hand knowledge of health and safety and loss control management.
To ensure that all health and safety requirements are appreciated by all participants to enable them to review their own company’s system for health and safety, introducing new controls and implementing change as appropriate to enhance health and safety in their workplace.
Who Should Attend?
Supervisors, Team Leaders, Direct Line Managers and Safety Officers and SHE Coordinators .
By Attending This Highly Interaction Course You will be able to:
On completion of the course, participants should be able to:
• Explain the importance of Safety in their day to day work
• Learn the proper approach of risk management
• Carry out risk assessment and prioritize necessary control
• Demonstrate how to identify and manage the hazards and risks
• Carry out planned inspection in any workplace
• Create an Emergency Plan Procedure.
• Assess the Legal Requirements compliance.
• Assess their site for any fire risk and recommend proper equipment
• Identify the causes of incident and its prevention
• Investigate and report all types of incident
• Identify SHE performance and establish relevant KPI’s in site.
• Know the basic elements of Safety Management System (OHSAS 18001)
• Identify most common hazards in a workplace
• Identify the adequate Personal Protective Equipment to be used in a workplace
• Have knowledge on how to address at Risk Behaviour
The course will commence at exactly at 9:00 AM each day and concluding at 4:30 PM. There will be two breaks for refreshment – 11:00 AM and 3:00 PM.
Lunch will be at 1:00 - 2:00 PM.
• Gathering / Acquaintances
• Course Aims / Overview
• Introduction to Health and Safety
o Why Safety
o Does Safety Pay
o Horrible Incident (Film)
o Group Work - cost of safety
• Risk Management Through Effective Management System
o Steps of Loss Control Management (IEDIM)
o Hierarchy of Controls (ERICPD)
• Risk Assessment
o 5 Steps Risk Assessment Tool
o Group Work shop-Risk Assessment
• Hazard Identification
• Group Work shop (Spotting Hazards)
• Planned Inspection
o Informal Inspection Film
o Safety Tour Film
o Group Work shop-Safety inspection
• Emergency Procedures
o Film- Emergency preparedness
• Saudi Safety Legal Requirements
o Civil Defence
o Ministry of Labour
o Ministry of Health
• Fire Safety
o Triangle of Fire
o Fire Extinguishers
o Fire Alarm System
o Film- Fire Safety
• Causes of Accidents
o Unsafe Acts
o Unsafe Condition
o Accident Causation Model
• Accident / Incident Reporting and Investigation
o Group Work-shop Accident Investigation
• Performance Monitoring
o Health and Safety KPI’s
• SHE Management System Elements – OHSAS 18001
• Common Hazards Films
o Moving Vehicle (FLT)
o Manual Handling
• Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
o Selection of PPE
o Film- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
• Behavioural Safety
o Film (Introduction to STOP Program)
o Group Work-shop
• Course Summary & Review